Monday, January 3, 2011

So Far, So Good

So, we're officially three days into 2011, and so far, it's been a great year!

We didn't have big plans for New Year's Eve, we were just going to go to a house party for a potluck dinner, games and visiting. So, when I wasn't feeling great on Friday, I decided that I wouldn't be missing too much if I stayed home. And, that's what I did - stayed home, and even went to bed before midnight. Curt went ahead and went to the party, so he didn't miss out on the fun. New Years has never been really big to us...for the past two years, we've been in Myrtle Beach on golf trips - we liked to play golf early New Years Day, so we never ended up staying out too late, or doing anything too exciting, in Myrtle Beach, either.

Saturday, New Years Day, was a really relaxing day around here...Sunday and Monday have been too, actually. It's been great having three days off, and being at home for them. We've been sleeping in, watching TV, eating, napping, cleaning, blogging...oh yeah, some of you may have noticed that I finally caught up on December posts, I wrote all those in the last few days, and just changed the post date to reflect the date I meant to post them :)

One of the best parts of having all this time off, at home, is that it gave us a chance to get our Christmas decorations all cleaned up. It's always great to have the decorations out for the season, but equally great to get them put away when it's all over!

Another benefit of this time off, we've had lots of time to pack...for our trip to Florida! We leave on Wednesday, and I couldn't be more excited. I finished my last load of laundry today, and did the ironing I needed to do, so I'm pretty much ready. I'll have a few last minute things to throw in the bag on Wednesday morning, but that's it! (The trip is part of the reason I decided to skip out on New Years Eve, I don't want to be sick for the trip - and although I'm still coughing, my throat isn't as sore, so I think it was worth it).

So, here's to hoping that tomorrow goes by really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment