Sunday, June 5, 2011

Branson - The Golf

Despite the fact that this trip started out as a golf trip, we actually ended up playing only two rounds of golf.

Our first round was at a course called Branson Creek Golf Club. This is a Troon Golf Course (think Clublink), and we had played a Troon Course in Florida a few years ago, and it was incredible. So, when we arrived at Branson Creek and discovered that the Pro Shop was in a trailer, and cart storage was under a tent, we were a little disappointed. It wouldn't have been so bad if it were temporary, but the deck built by the Pro Shop had obviously been around for awhile!

The course wasn't as disappointing, but wasn't as good as we had hoped for, either.

Curt and I at a picturesque spot on the course.


Another picturesque spot - and a difficult tee shot for Curt.


I know I'm probably a loser, but I really liked all the natural waterfalls...small and large. It had rained a lot in the days before we got to Branson, and because the area is so rocky, the water doesn't absorb into the ground, instead, it flows wherever gravity takes it.


This hole reminded us of Glen Abbey Golf Course - the bridge on the left is just like the one you see on the 13th and 14th holes, down in the valley.


All the holes on this course were named, this hole was appropriately named 'The Cave'.


Overall, we really enjoyed our round at Branson Creek. It was a beautiful day - the sun was out and it was nice and warm. And, although we usually enjoy getting to play with new people while we're away, it was nice to get to play as a twosome for a change!

Our second round was at John Daly's Murder Rock Golf & Country Club. The best part about this round was that it was free - we went on another time share tour, and as a gift we received two free green fees, beats paying $90 each! And, the time share tour was short (they knew we were already owners) and on a rainy morning, so we wouldn't have been doing much during that time anyway.

Unlike Branson Creek, Murder Rock had a beautiful Clubhouse! That's it, way up in the hills, the views were gorgeous!


Me and my fascination with the water again - here, they put the cart path right through a creek!


I wasn't enjoying this round as much as the one at Branson Creek, so I didn't take as many pictures. I wasn't enjoying it because I felt like I wasn't playing well, so I was surprised when I totaled my score and realized I was 9 shots better then Branson Creek!?!?

We had planned on playing a third round at Payne Stewart Golf Club - we were busy enough with other stuff though, so we decided to save that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment