Monday, October 1, 2012

A Whole Bunch of Random

I've been really behind with my blogging!  You've probably noticed...even though I've been cheating and writing posts and back-dating them ;)  So, in an effort to catch up, here is a post with some quick updates as to what has been going on lately....

I wrote a post about our weekend at the Roeleveld's cottage with our cousins, I couldn't find this picture at the time, but want to add it now that I found it.  Here is a group shot of everyone who was there...
Curt, me, Nicole, Blair, James, Anthony, Ben, Jessica, Miquela, Joel, Carl, Mark and Jeanette
And, another picture from that weekend that I didn't include in the original post...Joel bare footing!
I don't think I had ever thought much of barefoot water skiing until earlier this summer when Joel posted a picture on Facebook.  It was impressive to watch in person - there is quite a strategy to get up, but Joel and his brothers made it look easy!  It's absolutely crazy, getting dragged beside the boat at such high speeds!  I think all of the boy cousins were brave enough to try, but we were VERY impressed when Jess and Jeanette decided to give it a try!  Neither one of them actually got up, but that didn't matter, they got major points for trying.  Curt and I didn't try it - I had NO interest in trying, and Curt probably would have tried but didn't want to be hurt/sore for our golf trip.

When we returned from our trip, I had to drag myself back to work...typical, right?!?!  But, on the Wednesday of my first week back my manager pulled me into her office and gave me some good news...I have been given a Case Worker position!  I competed for a Case Worker position months ago, but didn't get the position...however, I met the threshold, so they were able to offer me a different position.  It's very short term, it should only be five or six weeks...but, remember, my original contract was two weeks and I've been there two years...so, who knows what this will turn into!

Once we got back from Myrtle Beach, Curt and I both found ourselves back to our busy 'winter' schedules.  I'm back on the ice, coaching Monday/Thursday/Saturday...Curt is helping with Friendship Group at church, and playing volleyball...and, we will be curling again this year, it starts in a few weeks.  Seems like a bit much, but it helps the winter months go by quickly!  


No comments:

Post a Comment