Monday, April 15, 2013

Florida - Part 2 - The Golf

My Dad and I played two rounds of golf while I was in Florida; we had hoped to play three, but, there was rain in the forecast for a few days, so we didn't bother risking it.

Our first round was at Legends Golf & Country Club - it is right up the road from where my parents stay, and although Curt and I have played it in the past, this was the first time my Dad played it. 
We booked on GolfNow.com, and thought we were going to be matched up with another twosome - but, we ended up going out alone, and I think that was a relief for both of us considering it was our first round in months, and in my case, I was using my new clubs for the first time!  Now, having said that, we both ended up playing pretty well...I'm pretty sure my dad shot in the 80's, and I shot 102!  So I was really happy with that.  So, we played well, the course was great and the weather was amazing...it was a perfect day!

The view of the par 3, fifteenth hole, from Hwy. 27...
Dad...
A beautiful view...

Our second round was at Ridgewood Lakes Golf & Country Club in Davenport.  We played as a foursome at Ridgewood, and ended up with two men from Canada - Bill from Ontario and Glen from New Brunswick were both great guys, and Dad and I really enjoyed playing with them.

I thought this tee deck was a unique way in incorporate one of the many lakes on the course.
One of the great things about having lots of water on the course is that I got to see some gators!  I never get sick of seeing gators, weird eh?!?
Dad...
We had another great day on the course - it was a little cloudy during the back nine holes, but, the rain held off until we were done, so we were thankful for that! 

It's always so great to be able to get out and play golf in March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment