Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Camping

This past weekend, Curt and I went camping, again! That's two weekends in a row...so yeah, I'm a real camper now!

This last camping trip was 'Wielemaker Camping', so it was with Curt's moms side of the family. Every year, one of the siblings is in charge of organizing both the Christmas get-together and the camping trip. This years organizer chose a park just outside of Kingston, called Rideau Acres Campground. It was actually pretty nice - the best part was that it had a pool (it had a beach too, but I wasn't going to swim there when I could swim in a nice clean pool!).

We arrived Friday night, in the rain! It was a light rain though, so it wasn't bad -the mosquitos loved the rain, that's for sure, and then they loved us all night. Luckily, with a trailer, it's pretty easy to set up...we just have to take a few things out of the trailer and then set up the bed.


We all laughed at Curt when he put this thing on, but deep down, I think we were jealous!

The whole weekend was very relaxed - everyone just does their own thing and on their own schedule. Every year there is a little competition for the 'Wielemaker Cup' - this year it was Disc Golf (the campground has a disc golf course, and is part of the PDGA - Professional Disc Golf Association, ha!). I didn't play - we had to pay a $10 deposit on the discs, and since I can't really throw a frisbee, I was sure I would lose one! Curt played though, and he won! Figures, that guy is good at everything....he's never even played disc golf before, and he shot 30 or something like that!

After packing up on Sunday, we hit the pool for a quick cool down and then it was time to get home and get ready for the big soccer game! We ended up having mostly family over - there were a few families at camping from Toronto, so our house was a good spot to stop and catch the game. And, just as predicted in my last post, it was a sea of orange! It was fun having people over to watch with - if they hadn't been there, I probably would have fallen asleep. It was a disappointing finish for us, but, you still have to appreciate that they made it as far as they did!


We've had a Dutch flag hanging outside throughout the World Cup, this was an extra flag that one of our guests brought!

Now, I have a nice short week to get through...and, Friday at 2:30pm...I'm officially on VACATION for TWO WEEKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment