Thursday, July 8, 2010

Random Ramblings

Thankfully, this week has gone by pretty fast. It has been really HOT all week!!! It's 31 right now, but it feels like 39 with the humidity!

Curt's at the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight! He went with our friend Maria, I had to pass on joining them because I didn't think I could handle the late night...I'm getting old!

I have had to work the morning shift all week; so I have to get up at 5:15am and be at work by 6:30am. I'm really not a morning person - probably should have considered that before deciding to work in the golf industry. There are a few good things about opening though; one positive is that I get to be at home with Curt in the evening, and another positive is that I get out of the Pro Shop when it gets really hot. The shop has air conditioning, but it can't keep up in this kind of heat...so, when I leave in the mid-afternoon it's usually over 80 inside...apparently it got over 90 in there last night! Glad I was at home in our conditioning by that point.

I've noticed that the weeds in my front garden are thriving in this heat! ha! I notice the weeds every time I go in or out of the house, and there are a lot of them and they are HUGE! I really need to do something about it, but I don't feel like being outside too long with these temperatures.

I'm not Dutch...but, going to Redeemer University College introduced me to the Dutch culture. And, of course I married into a Dutch family (both sets of Curt's grandparents came to Canada from Holland). And, as a result of all of this, I have a lot of Dutch friends and family. So, it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement surrounding the FIFA World Cup right now. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about...Holland made it to the finals! They play Spain in the finals on Sunday. Curt's talking about having a bunch of friends over to watch the game...we have to see if we get home from camping in time though...if we do, you can be sure it will be a sea of orange in our living room.

I made a quick trip to the mall tonight, I was only looking for one thing, shoes for the wedding in California, the rest of my shopping desires can wait until the outlet malls we'll hit up while away! But, I am happy to report that I found some shoes...and I got them for a great price. I found them at Payless, they were originally $30...on sale for $15...and then if you sent a text to given number, you received a text back that gave you a code to save another 20%...so, I got them for $12 in the end!


Here they are, just because I don't like posts without pictures.

We're going camping again this weekend so I'm hoping it cools down a little bit. I can't imagine sleeping in our trailer in this heat...it would be like a little oven!

Speaking of, I still have to pack. I guess I better get busy. A new season of Big Brother starts tonight...and although it's a little embarrassing, I have to admit that I'm kind of excited. So, I have to get the packing out of the way so that I can watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment