Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Lot of Nothing

So, prepare yourself for a boring post. It's a slow night at work, and I have had a bunch of stuff I have meaning to blog about, so I'm going to roll it all into one here.

- Before Curt and I went on vacation, my brother and sister-in-law asked me to be Abby's Godmother! I was obviously very honoured by that, and happily said 'yes'. Her Christening is next weekend, so we'll be going to visit and to be there for that.

- I think I already mentioned this, but the new skating season has already started. It's the Quinte summer program, and although I've been trying for a few years, this is the first year I've had skaters interested...I say skaters, but really I only have one skater - she's from Tweed. I know some of the other girls were interested, but it either didn't work financially, or they couldn't arrange rides to the arena during the day. I'm really glad to have the early start to the season, and although it's weird going into the cold arena when it's so nice outside, it's awesome to be back on the ice.

- Earlier this week I finished reading the book 'Redeeming Love: A Novel' by Francine Rivers. I've picked this book up more then once in bookstores, and always thought it sounded good. Then, I saw it mentioned on a lot of the blogs I read, so I decided it was time to read it. I loaded it on my Kobo for our trip, but didn't actually get to it until we got home. Anyway, it was AMAZING! The summary on the back of the book includes the following line 'A life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.' That says it all...life-changing and such a great portrayal of God's love. It also states that over 1 million copies have been sold, and I can see why. If you haven't read it, you SHOULD!

- Curt rode his motorcycle to work for the first time earlier this week. Yup, he finally got it working. He says it still needs some 'fine tuning'...not that I know much about it, but given it's age, I think it will always need 'fine tuning' :) I saw him come in the driveway at the end of the day though, and I had to admit to him, he kinda suits the thing.

Now, if you're still reading this, you're a trooper. I just went back and re-read what I wrote and it's random! But, it helped pass the time on this very slow evening at the golf course, so that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment