Saturday, December 4, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever - Me!

So, as you may have noticed, November was a bit of a write-off for me. I had a record low number of postings, four, which is really embarrassing. It's been too long to try to cover everything that has happened since my last post, but there are a few things I want to mention, for my own sake, so bear with me...I'll try to make this a 'Coles Notes' version.

- In mid-November we had an unfortunate family event, my uncle passed away, which meant a trip home for a few days. Obviously not the best reason to be home, but it was nice to be able to have a few days with family while we all dealt with his death. This was the first time there has been a family emergency, on my side, since Curt and I have been married. It was tough getting the news over the phone, and my poor brother was the one who had to call and tell me, and just being so far away from everyone for the first few days was hard, too.

- While I was home attending the visitations/funeral, my skaters in Tweed had a test day! I felt bad missing it, but I obviously had to be at home. One of the coaches I work with covered for me, and the girls ended up doing fine. Two of my skaters were trying their Preliminary Skills and the Swing Dance, and passed both, and a third skater tried her Swing Dance too, but she will have to retry it at the next test day (that's the nice way of saying she failed, which just seems so harsh).

- Other then those events, things have been pretty routine for the last few weeks. The hours of my new job + skating = not a lot of spare time these days...and what spare time I do have, I'm generally exhausted and just relaxing on the couch! Oh, and I did get to spend a few days on the couch earlier this week, but it wasn't in a good way...I had a nasty cold/sinus thing that knocked me out for like three days, it was rough!

And, now we're into December, which is crazy (the last few months have gone so fast)! And it's shaping up to be a busy month, so I really have to get back into blogging. Here's hoping I can make more time to post over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment