Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Two Week Blur

The last two weeks have been a total blur! My new job is keeping me super busy, and making for some long days. But, I'm glad to be working, and I'm appreciating the new opportunity. I enjoyed two government perks at my job this past week, and I have to share - first, I had this past Thursday off for Remembrance Day! And second, my original contract was only for two weeks, and was supposed to end on Friday - but, they extended it until the end of January, and gave me a raise with the extension! I had to laugh, because even though it was only a fifty cent raise, it still came after only two weeks, and I had to fight for a raise at the golf course after TWO YEARS.

Three days a week, I get off work early to get to skating - and those are particularly long days. But, skating is obviously still very important, and I couldn't leave the kids stranded. I've been busy getting my kids in Tweed ready for an upcoming test day, and our first competition is coming up soon, too!

Curling has been going well, and it's great to get out of the house and enjoy something together. Curt has been doing really well, and I...well, I have one or two good ends a game :) It's like golf though - in golf, one good shot a game keeps me coming back, so one good end in curling should keep me coming back as well. The beginners luck wore off quickly though, we haven't won since the first week. The second week was a bit of a blow out, but last week we did at least give the other team a challenge.

Last weekend we went to Acton to celebrate Nolan's third birthday - and as always, it was a good time. This was a whirlwind trip - we didn't get there until after 7pm on Saturday night, and left just after 7pm on Sunday! But, it was worth it.

Well, this has been a really boring post...but, that's all I have for now. We're actually just about to head out to visit friends and watch the Amazing Race. Then it will be back to the grind for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment