Saturday, August 6, 2011

Anniversary Getaway - Part 2

Our first day in Ottawa was obviously a lot of fun, but the main reason for being there was to see 'The Lion King' on stage on Sunday.

The show was at 1pm, so we had time to sleep in, check out a few more buskers and grab a bite to eat before heading to The National Arts Centre.


I was really surprised, and super excited, when I found out where we were sitting. When we got to the theater, Curt led us up to the balcony and then I showed one of the ushers our ticket, so he could direct us from there. He told us that we had to go up one more level, and then we were in the front box. I thanked him and walked away, and then told Curt we should show our ticket to another employee because that guy thought we were in a box?!? I looked at Curt and saw the huge grin on his face, and realized he had managed to pull off another surprise...we really were sitting in a box!

Not a great picture, but this is me sitting in 'our box'...and, if you look to the right side of the picture, you'll see the box equivalent to ours on the other side of the theater (the last one on the top row)!

Now, as if the box seat wasn't exiting enough...the first thing we noticed when we sat down was that our box only had two chairs, whereas all the others had four, and, where the other two chairs were supposed to be, there was a taped 'X' on the floor. I don't know if Curt knew for sure or not, but he suggested that maybe it was because actors would come into our box. And, that is exactly what happened!!! At the beginning of each Act, we had an actor right in the box with us. I'm pretty sure I was smiling from ear-to-ear when they were right in front of us like that.

Again, not a very good picture, but it kind of shows just how close we were to the actors (Curt didn't zoom in at all for this picture). Really, this is a horrible picture, but keep in mind we weren't supposed to be taking pictures, so Curt just held the camera low and didn't even look at the display screen...he just snapped away and hoped that one of the pictures would turn out.

It was an amazing show, everything I expected and then some! The puppetry was AMAZING - the costumes spectacular - and the props/set incredible! I would highly recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE...I can't imagine someone seeing it and not being impressed.

A big thank you to Curt for planning such an awesome weekend - and for spoiling me with box seats at the show - you're the best!

Curt has said that next year I get to plan our Anniversary celebration?!?! I better start now if I want to top this years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment