Monday, August 22, 2011

Nursery Disaster

Yesterday was my turn to look after the kids in our church nursery. I volunteer in the room with 2.5 to 3.5 year old kids, so it's always an adventure!

We had fourteen kids in our room yesterday - pretty busy, even with two adults and four youth helpers. On our usual rotation, there are three adults in the room, two men and me...so, because I'm the only female, I get diaper/potty duty...obviously my least favourite part. Yesterday, because we're in the summer months, the two male volunteers didn't show up, so the lady in charge of scheduling (Curt's aunt) stayed in to help me out...thankfully!

However, despite having another female in the room, I still ended up on potty duty?!?!

And, one of the kids I took potty had an 'accident'...it was such a mess!

I guess I just assumed that when mothers are potty training their little boys, they teach them to tuck things in to toilet bowl. Apparently I was WRONG. He wasn't tucked in, and he ended up spraying ALL OVER THE PLACE! By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late...the little potty he was using was now sitting in a huge puddle...his 'Lightening McQueen' underwear was SOAKED, and his pants were too wet to put back on him. Luckily his parents had packed an extra set of clothes in his bag, so I was able to get him changed and send him back into the room to play.

The little boy, totally unfazed by the whole event. Me, not so much.

I usually prefer taking the kids to the potty over changing dirty diapers...after yesterday, I will be scared to do either?!?

So, now for a little public service announcement - if you're ever potty training a little boy, make sure you teach him to TUCK IT IN!

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment