Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Last Round - Take Two

A few weeks ago, I posted about my last game of golf for the season (you can read it here: The Last Round). Well, if you're really observant, you may have noticed that it wasn't actually my last round...I played again Thanksgiving weekend AND I played in a tournament this past weekend.

On Sunday, Curt and I played in a 'Swing & Sweep' - an event co-hosted by Quinte Curling Club and Bay of Quinte Golf and Country Club. I often worked during this event while I was employed at Bay of Quinte, but now that we're members of Quinte Curling Club, we got to be participants...and, it was a lot of fun!

We played nine holes of golf in the morning - and, needless to say, I was a little nervous when we got to the course and realized Curt and I weren't going to be playing together. Thankfully, the nerves didn't last long - the people I played with were friendly and welcoming, and I played pretty well - so it ended up being a great morning. It was a little cool, especially when we started, but it did warm up and it ended up being pretty nice day (best of all, it didn't rain). Golf was a 'Texas Scramble' format, and we ended up one over - we were even going into the last hole, and then bogeyed, which was a little disappointing.

After golf, it was off to the curling club where lunch was served.

The afternoon was spent curling - we played eight ends with regular curling rules. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as golf. Our team only got two points - it was a blow out, to say the least! It was fun though, and I was glad to have some more practice.

After drinks at the curling club, it was back to the golf club for dinner and prizes.

And, it's official, I'm going to have to give up my amateur golf status because our team won - our +1 held up! There was an overall winner - the team that did the best in both golf and curling - and then a golf winner and a curling winner. Our curling score didn't do much for us, so we were only the golf winners...not that I'm complaining!

We got to choose our prize from a pretty nice prize table...this is what I ended up with...

So, my stats for this golf season are pretty good - I played in two tournaments, and won both (well, my team won both, I could have never won a tournament on my own!). I really can't believe how much I've come to enjoy golf; as I was curling on Sunday afternoon, I was thinking that maybe if I stick with it as long as I have stuck with golf, maybe I'll enjoy it as much as golf one day?!?

1 comment:

  1. LPGA here we come. I think I'd make a great caddy.
    Curt

    ReplyDelete