Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Long Weekend

Well, I have to say it, I was right! A few weeks ago, I commented that we should have four day work weeks and three day weekends...and, as we wrap up a three day weekend, I can say that it would be glorious to have this every weekend.

Friday was Remembrance Day, and since Curt and I both work for the Government, we both had the day off! We both had a low key, but productive, days around the house. I got some of my weekend chores done early so I could have the rest of the weekend off - just laundry, vacuuming and dusting type chores. I also put dinner in the slow cooker in the morning, so I wouldn't have to worry about that at dinner time. I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest, and it was delicious!

Salsa Chicken, served on a bed of rice...
I've been on Pinterest for months, and have pinned so many recipes, but this is the first one I've actually made. I was glad that it didn't disappoint!

After dinner, we went to visit Ike and Jeanette and played some Rummoli - Curt was the big winner at the end of the night.

Saturday was pretty typical - I had to coach, can't change that.

We recently discovered we have access to some pretty cheap Belleville Bulls tickets - Curt's cousin has seasons tickets, and if he can't make it to a particular game, he sells them off pretty cheap. So, we took advantage of that on Saturday night and went to watch the Bulls play the Saginaw Spirit - the Bulls won in a shootout! I never would have thought I would go to a hockey game and enjoy watching it?!?! I'm still a figure skater through and through though - that's obvious by various comments I make during the game; for example, a player took a shot on net, and another player had to jump to get out of the path of the puck, my first response was to say that he had good height and probably could have rotated an axel! Curt always enjoys my commentary :)

There is always different contests on the ice between periods, and last night, one of the contests had four people on the ice taking shots at signs, trying to knock down as many as possible in a set amount of time. The sign was supposed to read 'Go Bulls Go', and each letter was an individual sign. There were four different people setting things up, three younger guys who probably work at the rink, and a fourth guy, dressed in a suit in tie, who probably works for the Bulls. Here is the what the guy in the suit and tie came up with...
Bahahaha! He set it up from behind (obviously), and when he came around in front to look at it, he just shrugged his shoulders and moved on :)

Today, has been another incredibly low key day, and I've loved every minute of it! Curt and I have both enjoyed relaxing and feeling like we have nothing that HAS to be done. We even had time to play a game today - we pulled out Trivial Pursuit 90's - Curt kicked my butt, but that's because he's so much older then me, he obviously remembers more from the 90's then I do, I was just a young child after all!

We enjoyed another slow cooker dinner - a roast with potatoes and vegetables - and now Curt is setting up the DVD player so we can record Battle of the Blades and The Amazing Race. I have been part of a book club with friends over the last months, and we moved our night from Tuesday's to Sunday's, so I'll be heading out the door shortly. We will be talking about the book 'The Glass Castle' by Jeannette Walls - I thought it was a pretty good book, but the discussions with the other girls always makes me appreciate the book even more.

After such a relaxing weekend, you'd think I would be all prepared to go back to work tomorrow...but, I don't think that will be the case. However, knowing that I only have 15 more days of work (20 days in total) until we leave for California should give me the extra motivation I'll need to get up and get to the office!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest scrabble but I didn't want to ruin your long weekend. :)

    Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, courtesy of your hubby :) I also made Salsa Chicken from Pinterest and it was definitely a keeper all the boys loved it! Sarah

    ReplyDelete