Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in Acton

We were in Acton for almost four days, arriving late Friday, December 23rd and leaving to come home around lunch time on Tuesday, December 27th. I'm really behind in posting, so this is going to be a quick rundown of our time away.

Our first day, Christmas Eve, was pretty low key. We hung out with Tom and Krystle and the kids; since both kids were pretty sick, we wanted to give them a bit of down time before all the Christmas activities were in full swing. I spent most of the day in my pajamas, playing with the kids, watching TV and catching up on blog posts. It was actually a really nice way to start the holidays, and even though I wasn't sick, I too enjoyed the down time :)

After dinner, we all got ready for our traditional Christmas Eve - going to church and then gathering at my parents house with family.

Nolan, all ready to go to church...
Krystle got Abby all dressed for church, and then had her sit on the couch so she could go get ready herself...it wasn't long before this happened...

Christmas morning was at Tom and Krystle's as well, and my parents and Aunt Mary joined us for the chaos ;)

I was taking a picture of Nolan in his new nightgown, I mean his new hockey jersey, and Abby got up and ran over to be in the picture too!

Another Christmas tradition in Acton is to go to my Uncle John and Aunt Jody's house for brunch on Christmas day. Brunch was amazing, as usual, and it was great to spend time with some extended family - our visits to Acton are usually quite busy, so we don't always get to see extended family.

We had Christmas dinner with my parents and Aunt Mary, and it was another great meal prepared by my mom!

Boxing Day has become shopping day - Curt and I didn't really get anything too exciting, but my mom got a new TV! My dad stayed home to look after Nolan, so he and mom decided on a TV they saw on a flyer, and then Curt and Tom made sure she got what she needed.

Tuesday morning we enjoyed our last few hours with family - Curt and I got Nolan a hockey game for the Wii, and he wanted to give it a try. Once Curt and Tom got the game all set up, this is what happened...
Curt and Tom playing the game while Nolan, dressed in his Blackhawks jersey, goalie pads and goalie helmet, watches and cheers on his dad! ha! Curt did try to get Nolan to play, but he just wanted to watch.

Curt and I ended up making a shopping stop on the way home, and had better luck on this second round of Boxing Week shopping then we did on Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment