Monday, January 2, 2012

Twenty-Twelve!

Happy New Year - so long 2011, it's been great, but here's to 2012 being even better!

Curt and I rang in the New Year with some friends at a small house party this year - there were nine adults and six kids! The friends who hosted are Jane and Brian, and whenever I say their names together it seems weird because those are my parents names! The evening was pretty low key, lots of good food and conversation, and wasn't really all that exciting...until we broke out the game Taboo! ha! I haven't played that game in ages, but it was a lot of fun and we all laughed A LOT!!!

Considering that almost everyone at the party has kids, it was a pretty calm night, and it ended relatively early. Apparently it was too early for Curt, because when we got home he decided to join our neighbours party! I was too tired, so I just stayed at home - but that decision led to drunk phone call from one of the neighbours, wondering where I was and why I hadn't shown up for a drink! :)

So that was Saturday, and Sunday and Monday have been nice relaxing days.

Sunday, we didn't even leave the house!

Today, we went to see the movie 'We Bought a Zoo' - it was a great movie, and I would recommend it to anyone! Be prepared though, it's a tearjerker.

So, it's going to be hard to face reality when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning.

Speaking off the alarm, it will be going off for good now...I received an early Christmas present at work, I am now a permanent employee with the Ministry of Community and Social Services! The hiring process is referred to as a competition, and involves two parts, a written test and an interview - I wrote the test the day before we left for California, and I had my interview two days after we returned. I felt pretty good about both parts, but there were 32 people competing (including five other internal people), so I couldn't be too sure. I was told the good news on December 22nd, and needless to say, it was pretty exciting. No more worrying about whether or not my contract will be renewed!

I guess that shows that 2012 may be even better then 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment