Saturday, April 7, 2012

Florida - Poolside R & R

As I mentioned in my last post, this trip was a little more relaxed than we're used to.  We usually try to do as much as possible when we're away, simply because we want to take in the area we're visiting.  I guess because we've been to Orlando a number of times now, and know it's an area we'll continue to visit often, we don't feel the pressure to do and see everything in one trip.  So, we spent a lot of time at the house, hanging out around the pool - when we did go out, it was usually just for a few hours at time to do some shopping or something nearby (aside from our golf days, which I've already talked about).

Curt and I on our first morning, you can see we're already looking pretty comfortable - I've got a drink in my hand and Curt's got his cigar and a drink nearby :)  I have to mention here that the only time I drink is when I'm holidays with my parents!

My mom and Vicki brought these floating pool chairs with them from Ontario, and although it seemed silly at first, I think everyone agreed that it was totally worth it - they were so comfortable!  They were well used throughout the week...
Some of the previous guests also left behind a few pool toys - this alligator provided LOTS of entertainment for Vicki, Mom, Aunt Mary, Curt and I on our last day! ;)
And, since we spent so much time lounging around the pool, I have one more collage of pics.
Clockwise from top left corner: Mitchell's and Robertson's playing Phase 10; Curt, eating lunch in the hot tub; Aunt Mary napping; Aunt Mary doing a word search; Dad doing a Sudoko; lounging; Curt, cleaning the pool; and in the middle, a group lounging shot.

One afternoon while we were all out at the pool, we watched an airplane doing some skywriting - most of it was very evangelical, stuff life 'YOU + GOD = :)'. 

Here is the ':)' portion of one message...

Looks like a tough life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment