Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm Back!

I don't know where to start!  It's been soooo long, I really don't know how three weeks went by without a single blog post?!?  There have been things to blog about, and I've definitely thought about, I just never actually got around to writing a post.  April got off to such a good start too - I had written six posts by the 11th!  I must have overdone it, because ever since then, I just haven't felt like writing.

But, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things here, and I have a lot to catch up on!

One of the noteworthy events around here (and this is old news, but I haven't talked about it on here) is that our tenant moved out at the end of January, and we're starting to make use of the basement!

A little history here - when we built this house, we put a two bedroom apartment in the basement, and we've had tenants living down there for the past four years.  We have been very lucky in terms of the tenants we've had down there, and that extra income was a great help, but we're ready to make use of the space ourselves.

So, after sitting on it for almost two months, making sure we weren't going to change out minds and get a tenant, we've started doing some work down there.

Last weekend I took on the project of painting the bathroom - we had to go into town on Friday night, so we went to Home Depot to pick up the paint, and I spent most of Saturday painting, and a good part of Sunday too.  When we were at Home Depot looking at paint chips, Curt made the comment that we have 'officially lived in this house for too long, we're repainting'!  ha! 

So the bathroom, let me say, I'm glad I got that room out of the way first!  It's the smallest area, but it had the most 'stuff' to edge and paint around - the vanity, toilet, shower and two doors!  I LOVE the colour though, and am really happy with the results.

Here are some before pictures....

Standing at the main door, looking in at the vanity and the second door.  The second door was locked off when we had tenants; we put it in though so that if/when we used the space ourselves, we would have quick access to the bathroom from the garage and outside.
 Still standing at the main door, turned slightly to see the toilet and stand-up shower.
Now standing near the toilet, looking at the main door and the vanity.

And the after pictures...I still don't have the towels and decorations yet...but, that may take awhile, so I'll go ahead and post pictures...



Ahhhh, doesn't that look so much better!  I am still trying to convince Curt to get a new shower unit - it looks OK in the pictures because the doors are in decent shape, but the walls and base are a little discoloured, and I really think the paint colour makes the white 'pop'...so, the shower should be WHITE, right?!?! :)

So, I'll keep working on that, but in the meantime, it's on to Bedroom #1, which we'll be turning into an office for Curt and Three Hills Engineering!

No comments:

Post a Comment