Friday, May 25, 2012

My First CWW

What is a CWW you ask; well, it would be my pleasure to tell you all about it!

CWW stands for Condensed Work Week, and it is something that I get to enjoy now that I'm a permanent employee (although I became permanent in January, I haven't been able to take part in CWW's because of skating).  So, full-time staff are required to work 7.25 hours a day, five days a week (in our office, that would be 8:45am to 5pm, with an hour for lunch) - permanent staff can choose to work an extra half an hour a day (8:30am to 5pm, with 45 minutes for lunch), earning one day off every three weeks.  I've been told that's an extra 13 days a year, but I just looked at a calendar, and I think it's actually an extra 17 days?!?!  Either way, I'll take it! 

When I became permanent, I was coaching, so I was leaving early every Thursday - in order to make that work, I was already working extra time every day....that's why I couldn't do CWW 's until skating was over.  Yes, skating ended almost two months ago, it just took this long for my managers to approve my request :(

People can choose any day of the week for their day off, I went with Friday because Curt does something similar at his job, and he gets every second Friday off!  Due to the nature of my job (the customer service aspect of it), my day off won't be very flexible; however, Curt's day off is easy to change, and he did just that in order to have today off too!

So, it's another three days weekend for us!  And, with a forecast of 28 degrees today, it was easy to decide what to do with our day off - we went golfing!

We played at Bay of Quinte; Curt got a membership there this year, and I enjoy going back to my old stomping grounds (that's the course I worked at for five years).  We teed off somewhat early, so I only got to see a few members before playing, but it was still good to see some familiar faces!

Unfortunately, Curt didn't have a great game - he usually has good luck on the course, and will get good bounces and end up with great lies, that was NOT the case today!  I, on the other hand, played really well.  I shot a 47 on the front, that may be a personal best for me at BQ!  I struggled with a few holes on the back nine though, and ended up with a 55.  But, a total of 102 is pretty good for me...especially since it's the first time I've played 18 holes this year.

Some pictures from our day...



I have to include one more picture of Curt...when he saw this picture, he said 'oh, I look good there'


My family refers to me as the paparazzi because I always have my camera with me when I'm around them....but, that's because when I'm with them, we're usually doing something special that I know I will blog about (vacations, birthday parties, etc.)....so, I want to mention that I didn't take my camera to the golf course today, I just used my phone ;)

It wasn't long after we got home that I decided to take a nap, another great thing to do with a day off!  It was tiring walking 18 holes in that heat (although it was 28 degrees, it felt like 35 degrees!). 

Three weeks until my next CWW (June 15th), and hopefully it will be as enjoyable as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment