Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Weekend Visitors - Part 2

My last post covered the first two days of the Robertson's visit, and it was long - I'll see if I can keep this post shorter because I'm only covering one day :)

The 'big plan' for Sunday was to go to the Stirling Fair, but, that was an afternoon/evening thing, so we spent some more time at the park across the street (I hardly ever see kids in that park, but we use it a lot when my niece and nephew are here!?).

I just have to share a few pics from the park - I can't resist, they're just too cute :)


And now, on the fair - we did all the typical 'fair' things, including rides!

First, Abby and Nolan drove some trucks...
But, driving was a little boring...so, they decided to try flying a helicopter...
Then it was time for a 'roller coaster'...but, this proved to be a little too much for Abs...look close, she is crying - it must have really freaked her out :(
The man running the ride did stop it and take Abby off, then Nolan (and the other little boy on the ride) got to go around a few more times.  
The main reason we wanted to wait to go to the fair in the afternoon/evening was because the Demolition Derby didn't start until 7pm, and we HAD to go to that!  That's something that is kind of unique for us, the town I grew up in had a pretty good fall fair every year, but there was never a demolition derby.  I don't think I saw my first one until University.  It's actually very entertaining, and we all enjoyed it...especially Tom and Nolan. 

The only picture I got (the stands were facing west, so the sun was setting in our eyes)...

It was late by the time we got home from the fair, so Abby went straight to bed but Nolan got to stay up late and have a campfire with us :)

So, it was a VERY BUSY but VERY FUN filled weekend! 

Tom and Krystle, thanks for coming to Belleville for a visit...can't wait until we do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment