Friday, September 21, 2012

Myrtle Beach - Barefoot Resort

Last week, Curt and I were lucky enough to spend the week in Myrtle Beach with my parents and his parents.  We drove down with Curt's parents, and my parents drove down on their own.  We left on Friday morning; we drove most of the day, stopping in Herndon, Virginia (just outside Washington, D.C.) where we had a two bedroom suite booked at Hyatt House.  We then spent most of Saturday on the road as well, arriving in Myrtle Beach around 3:30pm - my dad and Curt had made arrangements to meet at a restaurant close to our resort (we were supposed to go to that restaurant every half hour, starting at 3pm, until we managed to find each other)...so, when we found each other within 10 minutes of arriving, we were relieved.

Enjoying happy hour and appetizers after meeting up...
Dad, Mom, me, Marilyn, Gord and Curt
We spent our week in Myrtle Beach at Barefoot Resort.  We found the unit on the 'Vacation Rentals by Owner' website, and rented from people who live in North Carolina.  We were all very happy with the accommodations - it had three bedrooms and three bathrooms, so we all had our own space, which was perfect.

The view from our balcony...we all spent a lot of time sitting outside, enjoying this view - I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing this...
Beyond the pool is the Intracoastal Waterway and Barefoot Marina, and beyond that, Barefoot Landing - a shopping center that also has restaurants and entertainment (Alabama Theater and House of Blues)

The balcony was really big, and really gave us a lot of extra living space.

Curt and I were lucky enough to get the master bedroom in our unit...our parents thought we should have it because Curt did all the work researching accommodations, deciding where to stay and then booking it.  I was glad it ended up that way ;)

Not a great picture, but here is our room...
King size bed, large walk-in closet and a HUGE bathroom...it was great!
 A view from the pool, looking at our building (we were on the fifth floor, right above the blue umbrella).
We spent a lot of time around the pool!  It was HUGE - the resort website claims it's the largest pool in North Myrtle Beach!  Signs around the pool said that maximum capacity is 1573 people?!?!  I can't really imagine that though?  There was also a hot tub, but I didn't get a picture of that area.

Probably one of my favourite parts of vacationing is chatting with other guests, and this resort was great for that.  We met some really interesting people throughout the week - I especially enjoyed chatting with a retired couple who have been living on their boat for the last seven years!  They had some interesting stories.  My mom made a connection with some people as well, and she ended up spending a few afternoons sitting in and around the pool with them! 
Frank, Mary, Mom and Alice :)
One day, while lounging at the pool, I took a walk to get a closer look at some of the boats in the marina...

 I thought the name of this boat was clever...'CockTails' for the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Clemson Tigers.

So, as you can see, we were very comfortable at our resort.  And, once again, we were really happy with our decision to use Vacation Rentals by Owner. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi MBV,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about the Barefoot Resort to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete