Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Myrtle Beach - The BEACH

Curt and I have been to Myrtle Beach twice before, but, we have never actually been to the BEACH!?!?  Sounds crazy, right?  Let me explain...our last two trips were over Christmas and New Years, so it wasn't really beach weather.  Those two trips were golf trips as well, so we were only thinking about golf weather, not beach weather.  But, when we booked this trip, I knew I had to at least go to the beach - and, maybe even go in the ocean.

Our week was flying by, suddenly it was Friday morning and not only had we not been to the beach, but I hadn't even seen the ocean!  Luckily, our tee time wasn't until the afternoon, so we had time to head two blocks over to the beach.

It was beautiful!  It wasn't very busy when we first arrived, but people were obviously just making their way out for the day because it was quite a bit busier by the time we left.

 We went straight for the water and were shocked at how WARM it was.  For five days we'd been swimming in the hotel pool, which we found a little chilly, when we could have been over in the ocean...oops.  At this point, we planned on taking a little walk and checking out some of the beach side resorts.  And, let me tell you, there were some pretty nice places!

Unfortunately, this picture was a set-up, we didn't really have time to lounge and enjoy the beach, we only had about an hour there.  But, here's Curt briefly enjoying the complimentary beach chairs that the city of North Myrtle Beach provides.
Once we got to the beach, I think Curt and I both regretted not looking into going surfing again (we tried it back in December, when we were in San Diego).  The waves wouldn't have been great, but it would have been good enough to try again.  We tried body surfing instead!

About the catch a wave :)  It's a toss up, I'm not sure if I was worse at surfing or body surfing!
Curt diving into a wave!
After a little body surfing, Curt had an idea - he wanted us to sit side by side on the ground, and he was going to try to take our picture as a wave came up behind us.  And if that sounds easy to you, think again!  It was all about timing, and we didn't exactly get the timing down.

A little early on this one...
And a little late on this one!
I was also really bad at holding a normal smile...as soon as that wave hit, this is what we got....every time!  Ha!  My mom summed it up perfectly when she saw these pictures, Curt and I are a 'pair of goofs'!

Looking at these pictures today makes me sure of one thing, I could live on the ocean!  Curt and I now have great memories of surfing in the Pacific Ocean and goofing around in the Atlantic Ocean...we are blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment