Sunday, January 13, 2013

Countdown

It's that time of year again...time to start the countdown until Florida!  An almost annual trip to spend a week with my parents while they're in the Orlando area.

I made it official last weekend when I booked my flight to Orlando...thankfully, on Friday, my manager approved my vacation request - probably should have done that the other way around, right?!?!   

You may have noticed that I said 'I booked my flight'....not, 'we booked our flights'.  That's a big change for this year - Curt will not be coming, but only because he's got his own plans.  He's going to Myrtle Beach for a bachelor party...for a guy he doesn't even know...but he doesn't care, it's a golf trip to Myrtle Beach!  During the golf season here, Curt plays a lot of golf with his cousin Tim - the bachelor party is for Tim's brother-in-law - so, when they only had seven guys for the trip, Tim knew Curt would be up for it, bringing their group to an even eight! 

So, that's been in the works for about six weeks or so, and at first I figured I would just stay home and save the vacation time for later...but, the more Curt talked about his trip, the more I realized how hard that was going to be :)  So, I took another look at the calendar and made a lovely discovery...the week I was looking at going already had a stat holiday (Easter Monday) and another scheduled day off (my Condensed Work Week day)...so, I would only be using three vacation days!  Perfect, and too hard to resist!

For whatever reason, flights actually aren't that much cheaper out of Buffalo or Syracuse, so, for the first time in years, I'll be flying out of Toronto.  Ideally, I would have gone for a week - Saturday to Saturday - but, I have to stick around for the Tweed skating carnival on Saturday, so I don't leave until Sunday.  But, I have an early morning flight on Sunday, so I will have the full day in Florida.  And then I leave in the evening the following Saturday, so I still get six full days!

Our trips are staggered, so Curt leaves just a few days after me - better that he leaves after me, he'll handle that better than I would!

So, the countdown frame is up and proudly displaying '77 Days Until Florida' and '80 Days Until Myrtle Beach'.  Yes, I realize I might be a little premature with the sign, but I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment