Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pinterest Muffins

I'm sure that everyone here has heard about Pinterest...right?  If not, you should check it out at www.pinterest.com.  I wasn't sure how to describe it for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, so I went to the website and found a page titled 'Pinning 101' that had this explanation: Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse boards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.  Let me warn you, be prepared to waste spend a lot of time looking, and looking, and looking, etc. at all the different pins!  It's ADDICTIVE! 

Anyway, I've been on Pinterest for awhile now, and have made use of many of my pins, including recipes and crafts.  Since I seem to struggle to find things to post about from time to time, I thought I would start writing 'reviews' of the pinterest inspired stuff I do.

So, on Sunday evening I decided to make some muffins - so, I went to Pinterest and searched for 'chocolate chip muffins'.  The recipe I ended up going with (because I had all the required ingredients) was Graham Cracker & Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Picture from the website bakerstreet.tv
Things came together really well, and the end result - very tasty!  I said earlier that I decided to make these because I had all the ingredients, well, almost...it called for peanut butter chips, which I didn't have...but, I had butterscotch chips, so I used those instead.  They still taste great, but they would probably be even better with peanut butter chips!  Also, the recipe said it would make a dozen muffins and I ended up with two dozen?  Mind you, the last six or eight were pretty small :)  Curt and I sampled them that evening, and Curt had the following to say: 'they seem kind of gourmet because all the different stuff going on'. 

So, this Pinterest recipe gets a stamp of approval and I will definitely be making these again!  Copy and paste this link to go directly to the website for the recipe - http://bakerstreet.tv/2012/09/muffinmonday-graham-cracker-and-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-muffin - or, if you're on Pinterest, you could follow me and find it on my 'Recipes to Try' board.

No comments:

Post a Comment