Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rewind to the End of Last Week

It's been so long, and I've been so busy, I don't even know where to start.

In my last post, which was last Wednesday, I was talking about going to Skate Canada International on the weekend, but I had so much happen on Thursday and Friday, too.

Thursday morning I had a job interview for a position with World Vision. They were hiring people to work in the mall for six weeks leading up to Christmas; it's the first time they've come to the mall here, but they come in and set up a 'booth' and try to get people to adopt/sponsor kids. I was really excited when I saw the job posting online, I immediately knew it would be perfect for me. The interview, which was a group thing, went really well, and I left feeling confident that I would be offered a position. So, that added to the excitement of the weekend.

After the interview, I drove straight to Kingston to watch some of the practice sessions at the competition. As I was parking, I got a call regarding another job, one that I had an informal interview about earlier in the week, but that I assumed wouldn't amount to anything because skating conflicted with the hours of work. Well, I was wrong - I was offered the job?!? Total shocker.

Later that night, when I was on the ice coaching, I got a call from the person about the World Vision job, and I was offered the job!

Job stuff never seems to be easy with me :) I was really torn between the two jobs, both had their own positives and negatives, and I stressed over making the right choice. I kept flip-flopping back and forth, and questioning my decision.

Anyway, I went with the second job, which is with the Ministry of Community and Social Services - more specifically, the Ontario Disability Support Program. It was such a good opportunity I couldn't pass it up - I mean, I may finally put my degree to good use!

I started the next day, so last Friday. That was one of the negatives, I started right away so I wasn't able to go to Skate Canada on Friday :( But, having been at the job for a week now, I'm over missing the competition, and I am feeling like I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment