Sunday, February 27, 2011

Belated Family Day Post

Well, I am a full week behind in posting this, but I don't want to skip this post because we had a really fun weekend. Tom, Krystle, Nolan and Abby came for a visit - they arrived on Saturday and left Monday afternoon, so we had lots of time for visiting.

They arrived while I was at skating, and when I got home from the rink, everyone was napping...it was hard to resist going in to wake Nolan up, I'd been waiting for a hug and kiss from that little guy for awhile :)

Anyway, once everyone was awake and ready to go, the boys and I headed over to the rink across the road for a little skate. Nolan was pretty excited to get to play hockey, and I was excited to see how Nolan's skating was coming. However, when we were talking about going, Nolan told me that I wasn't allowed to go because I was 'a bad girl skater'...what?!?! Don't know where that came from, last time we went skating, he didn't mention anything of the sort. Obviously I went with them anyway, but then when I put my skates on and started skating, Nolan told me to 'STOP' and then said I had to have a penalty because I had white skates...what?!?!


The boys out skating; Nolan was the goalie the whole time, so I didn't actually get to see much skating, but he was having fun, so that's OK.


Nolan and I on the ice. You can see that his comments had an affect on me, and that I really love him, because I have a hockey stick in my hand :)

After skating, it was off to town to go out for dinner. We went to a restaurant called 'The Bull & Boar'. We tried this restaurant last time the Robertson's were in town, and we all really liked it, so it may become a tradition when they visit.


Abby at dinner; I think she looks so cute in this picture - look at those eyelashes, and her lips - too bad Tom's toque is on her!

Saturday was also bath night, not that I have a lot to say about this, but I do have a few fun pictures to share.


Just before bath time, Nolan had to come out to the living room to show me his boxers! This one just makes me laugh, Nolan's face is so funny, and Abby looks pretty comfy there with her brother.


Mohawks! You can tell that Abby's hair is getting long, her mohawk wouldn't stand up, it kept flopping over.


We also tried to get a good picture of Abby and I before bath time - we wanted a picture where you could read her shirt, this is the closest we could come. Her shirt says 'My Aunt is my BFF'...I got it for her back in July, when Curt and I were in California.

So that wraps up Day 1 - I didn't plan on this being so long, or having so many pictures - but once I saw how long it was getting, I decided I better break this up. More pics to come from the rest of their visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment