Friday, February 18, 2011

In No Particular Order

It's Friday night - Curt has a hockey game, after which he'll probably go out for beer and wings, and I'm at home watching TV, which is totally fine by me, in fact, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's been another busy week, and it's going to be a busy weekend, so I'm glad to have some down time.

I really wanted to write a post while I have the time, but I don't really have anything to write about, so here comes some random thoughts from the week.

1. As I mentioned, we're in for a busy weekend - and that's because we're having company, my brother and his family are coming for a few days, and I'm REALLY excited! I haven't seen them since Christmas, and that's too long to go between visits.

We were hoping to go skating while they're here (on the rink that Curt made in the park across the street), but, it's been really mild the last two days, so it's more like a pool now. The forecast says it's going to get cold again, so maybe we'll get lucky and it will re-freeze.

2. So yeah, it's been mild for a few days...I think it was 7 degrees this afternoon! It's been a nice little taste of spring, but the reality is, we still have plenty of cold weather to get through before it's really spring.

3. We've started working on carnival at one of the clubs I coach at. We decided on 'Around the World' as a theme - and anyone who knows me is going to think it was my idea, but it wasn't, another coach came up with it - but, I am very excited about it! I will be choreographing a number with my older STARSkaters, and I'm going to use music from Africa! I started looking for music last weekend, it's going to be hard to select just one song :)

4. Curt and I are going to Acton in April, although Curt doesn't really know this yet ;) My nephew Nolan is going to be in his own skating carnival, and I can't miss that. He's going to be a monkey...ha!

5. Curling continues to be a lot of fun, but, we're not doing as well as we were when we first started. I guess we had some serious beginners luck, and it's run out. A few weeks ago, Curt figured out the league standings, and we were tied for third...we haven't won a game since then, so now we're probably down to fourth or fifth. Hopefully we can turn things back around, we need to get ourselves into the "A" Pool for playoffs!

And, I'm going to finish with the most random stuff of all...

6. Last weekend we watched the movie 'Conviction'; it was really good, a tear jerker, and I highly recommend it. And, I'm reading a really good book. It's called 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society'; it's a weird title, and I never would have bought it, but, some friends and I started a book club, and this is the first selection.

And now, I have some carnival stuff to prepare for tomorrow - and when that's done, I'm going to read for awhile - then it's off to bed nice and early, so I'm well rested for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment