Monday, April 11, 2011

My Two Day Weekend

This past weekend was my first two day weekend in a looooong time...and wow, was it ever enjoyable.

Actually, I had two days off last weekend...but, I was in Acton, so that's a little different. I went home so that I could attend Nolan's skating carnival; while I was in Acton, Curt was in Toronto helping his brother renovate his new house. It was a great weekend, and I'm really glad I didn't have to skate myself, so I could see Nolan in his first carnival.

But, being at home this past weekend...with nothing that I HAD to do, was AWESOME!

Friday night, after work and skating, I did some groceries, just so I wouldn't have to do them on Saturday or Sunday. Curt was back in Toronto, helping his brother, for the day/night, so I had a quiet night in.

Saturday morning I really wanted to sleep in - and I mean SLEEP IN. But, I was awake and ready to get up and start the day at 9am. I know a lot of you will think that was sleeping in...but, I was hoping for 10am, or even 10:30am!

I had a few errands to run in the morning, and then I had planned on spending the afternoon in front of the TV, watching the Masters...but, when Maria called to see if I wanted to go to Kingston with her, I thought that sounded more fun.

Maria had an errand to run, and then we went to the mall. I found an awesome deal there, and wasn't even looking...isn't that always the way! I found a pair of shoes (black flats, a short boot style) for $14.99 - they were originally $44.99, but were on clearance at the end of the season - that's an American style deal, here in Canada! I was excited, to say the least!

After going out for dinner with Maria, I came home and met Curt, and then we were off to Ike and Jeanette's for a little Rummoli - we haven't played in a long time, so it was lots of fun. And, just for the record, Curt and I won a lot of the VanHuizen's nickels!

Sunday, it was my turn to help in the church nursery...there were only 12 two year old kids, so it was a quiet morning :)

And, Sunday afternoon was all about the Masters (and a little nap, too)! The Masters was great, and having so many guys in the run for a first place finish was pretty exciting. I was really hoping Adam Scott would win - I've liked him since I saw him play at the President's Cup in Montreal...he's struggled for a few years, so I thought it would be cool for him to have a big comeback at Augusta.

But, I didn't mind seeing Charl Schwartzel (who is from South Africa) win! I thought it was pretty neat that Gary Player won the Masters exactly 50 years earlier, to the day - he is also from South Africa, and that made him the first International player to win the Masters. Pretty special to mark that anniversary with another South African winning the green jacket!

And, after such a relaxing weekend, it was a lot easier to get up for work this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment