Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

I guess our weekend started on Thursday - Curt actually had the day off, so he left first thing in the morning, with his dad, to go to his brothers house to work on the renovations.

I had to work, so I didn't leave until later - on the way to Acton, I picked Curt up in Toronto, so I had a chance to see my brother and sister-in-laws new house. It's nice, and I'm happy for them, but, I wouldn't last three weeks in their location! Just not a city girl, I guess.

We didn't get to Acton until after 9pm, but when we arrived, Nolan was still awake...so, I obviously had to go up to room to say hi :) And, having him jump out of bed and run into my arms to give me a big hug was the best start to a weekend!

-Friday-

Curt was off to Toronto bright and early, and my brother had to work, so it was just Krystle and I with the kids. I don't think we did much in the morning, just visited and played. Nolan and Abby went down for their naps after lunch, and then Krystle had to go out for awhile, so it was me and the kids. I knew I was going to look after the kids on my own for a bit, and have to admit, I was a little nervous about it! But, the timing worked out perfectly considering they were asleep the whole time I was alone with them...and, once they woke up, I took them straight to my mom and dad's, and Krystle was there waiting for us. We had our first of many good meals - chicken parmesan - courtesy of my mom. Once we were back at Tom and Krystle's, the three of us had a game of 'Ticket to Ride', which I'm mentioning because I won :)

-Saturday-

There was no sleeping in for us on Saturday - we were up and out the door by 7:30am!?! Not my first choice, but worth it on this day because we were going to watch Nolan play lacrosse!!! He started a few weeks ago, and Saturday was supposed to be his first game, so I was pretty excited to have the chance to watch. Once we got there, we discovered that it wasn't going to be a game, just another practice, but it was still SO FUN to see. As soon as Nolan stepped into the rink, he took off running - most of the other kids were slow getting on, and just gathered around the coach, but not Nolan, he was pumped! He did really well - and was really proud of himself because he stayed on for the whole time (one hour, which is impressive). The kids were allowed to shoot on the net throughout the practice, and every time he 'scored' he had this great celebration routine - there was some jumping up and down, and arms were thrown in the air - it was sooo cute! Curt was still in Toronto, so he didn't get to see the practice; when he heard that Nolan was starting lacrosse, he had a hard time picturing Nolan with a lacrosse stick in his hand, and not using it as a weapon - I was able to reassure him that Nolan kept things under control.

After lacrosse, I tagged along while Tom and Krystle ran some errands. One of which was getting Abby's ears pierced! She did so well - not a single tear! Krystle had put some numbing cream on her ears about half an hour before they got them done, apparently that stuff works.

After afternoon naps, which I participated in, it was back to my parents for another good meal - this time it was ribs, Curt's favourite, so he enjoyed those when he got back from Toronto.

Once we were back at Tom and Krystle's, Curt and I had a soak in the hot tub, and then we helped Tom hide eggs for the morning.

-Sunday-

We had another early morning...usually, Curt and I don't get up when everyone else in the house does, we stay in bed until after 8am, even though the kids get Tom and Krystle up a lot earlier then that...but, on Sunday morning, we wanted to watch Nolan hunt for his Easter eggs. He had a great time this year, he's at the perfect age. He found most of the eggs on his own, and only needed little clues for some of the tricky ones. Curt put a few eggs up high (on the edge of picture frames, in a wall sconce, on a shelving unit), and when Nolan saw those ones, he commented that 'the Easter bunny jumps up high sometimes'. Ha! Abby got in on the hunt too, she picked up a few of the smaller eggs, but didn't want to put them in her basket, she wanted to hold on to them.





Once all that excitement was over, we got organized and went to church to celebrate the real reason for Easter weekend - Jesus - I am so thankful to worship a God who loved us so much that he sent His only Son to die for our sins, so that we could have abundant life eternally with Him. My parents church, the church I grew up attending, is currently seeking a new minister, so they have an interim moderator until the vacancy is filled; it was my first time hearing him preach, and I really enjoyed his sermon - it was a great Easter message.

The Robertson's, all dressed up for the Easter Sunday church service.

Abby and I, ready for church.

After church, Tom and Krystle fed us a nice big brunch! We eat so well when we're in Acton, we probably put on a few pounds each time we're there!

Sunday evening, my mom hosted our family dinner - there were ten of us for dinner, and this year, my Uncle Doug and Aunt Helen joined us (my dads brother and his wife, an aunt and uncle we don't see too often). My mom out did herself again, and I think we all enjoyed the great meal and having the chance to visit and catch up.

-Monday-

Monday was our last day in Acton, so we enjoyed our favourite things...visiting with the family, playing with the kids, and a quick soak in the hot tub :)

Curt had one more little job to do at his brothers place, so we left just after lunch so we would have time to go into Toronto so Curt could get that done.

The drive home wasn't great...the roads were busy, so it was slow, and the weather wasn't great, lots of rain. So, we were glad we had lots of time and didn't have to rush home.



No comments:

Post a Comment