Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Friday the 13th

Friday, May 13th was a special day - and it had nothing to do with the superstition that it will be a day of bad luck - it was because my niece, Abby, turned ONE! Wow, I can't believe it's already been one year?!?

Curt and I made the trip to Acton on Saturday so that we could attend her Disney Princess Party.



A few pics of the birthday girl and I. This is before the party started - she was so cute in her birthday dress, and her hairband and flower were adorable!

And, no first birthday party would be complete without a mess of cake and icing! There was a cute princess icecream cake for the adults, but Abby got to enjoy a cupcake...with lots of icing!


Digging in, with no hesitation!


Now that it's all over both hands, she's not sure what to do.


And, she's officially a mess! I don't think she actually ate any of the cupcake...she played with the icing, and maybe tasted a little bit of it, but then she started throwing the cupcake around so we had to take it away :)

After dinner and cake, Krystle decided that Abby should try on some of her new clothes - more specifically, her new bathing suits (she got three). Here she is modelling the bathing suit that Curt and I gave her.


She had the best reaction when Krystle got this on her - it seemed like she really liked it!

Now, these guys aren't as cute as the birthday girl, but I had to include this picture anyway.


This is my dad and brother, they had to BBQ in the rain - but, as you can see, they didn't seem to mind too much!

And, now I have to apologize for the picture overload! I had planned on making more collages with Picnik, but it was taking too long.

Anyway, it was a great weekend and it was great celebrating with so many people who clearly love Abby as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment