Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Branson - Stormy Point Village

I can't believe it, but our trip to Branson has already come and gone. It was an awesome week...my only complaint is that it went too fast.

Some of you may have read my previous posts about Branson - Curt and I spent a week there back in May, and I posted about it in June. It was probably pretty obvious in those posts that we both really enjoyed our time in Missouri, so, when we went to finalize plans for a trip with my parents, we changed our original plans to go to Myrtle Beach, and decided to return to Branson so my parents could experience it too. And, this turned out to be a great decision, not only because we all really enjoyed the trip, but also because Hurricane Irene would have put a serious damper on our trip had we gone to South Carolina.

Curt and I drove down again, but my parents didn't want to make such a long drive, so they flew. The drive went really well again - probably even better this time actually because we broke it up a little. We left home on Thursday evening, stayed in Acton overnight, drove all day Friday but then stopped and spent the night just south of St. Louis, Missouri. This meant that we could get up early Saturday morning, drive the three and half hours to the Branson airport and semi-surprise my parents by picking them up when their flight arrived. I say semi-surprise because Curt had mentioned that we were going to try to meet them at the airport, but they didn't really think it would be possible to time our arrival that early, so they really weren't expecting us.

Adding two more adults to the Jeep meant we had to rearrange the luggage...this is where the two biggest pieces ended up...
By the time we were all loaded and ready to leave the airport, it was only 11am and check-in at our resort wasn't until 4pm, but we decided to go there first to see if we could check in early.

Curt and I knew what awaited us at Stormy Point Village, and we couldn't wait for my parents to see it too. On our previous trip, Curt and I did a Time Share Tour of this resort in order to get free golf...we loved the property so we were really excited when it was available the week we wanted to return!

The Clubhouse and Lighthouse - the whole resort is built to make you feel like you're in Cape Cod, hence the lighthouse.
74 Dover Circle, Stormy Point Village - 0ur home away from home for the week!
Looking down Dover Circle at some of our neighbours...
We had great weather all week, and enjoyed a lot of time around the pool.

Mom and Dad, cooling off...
Dad couldn't resist the kiddie pool and the mushroom fountain, ha!
The pool area was actually kinda small, but, it was NEVER busy?!?! It was great for us, but we couldn't really understand where everyone was...it was sooo hot (100+ on some days), the pool was the only spot we wanted to be at some points.

So, as you can see, Stormy Point was absolutely beautiful...and, we all really enjoyed our stay there. My mom and dad had a few complaints throughout the week, for example, they thought there should be more hooks to hang towels on in their bathroom...nothing serious. My only complaint was that we ended up with a grey cottage, I had really been hoping for a green one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment