Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Weekend of Hockey - Part 3

After the game on Friday night, Curt and I had to drive to Kingston to spend the night while everyone else stayed in Ottawa. I had another skating competition on Saturday, the last one of the season, and my two skaters both skated early in the morning.

This post is supposed to be about hockey, but I do have to mention that Hannah and Alyssa both did great at this competition - they both improved their skate, and their results, from their last competition (particularly Hannah who forgot part of her solo last time). Hannah ended up placing fourth out of seven...but she was THRILLED with that; as she walked up to me to tell me her results, I could have sworn she was going to tell me she was first based on the smile on her face - it was stretching from ear to ear! And Alyssa ended up placing fifth out of eight - I wouldn't say she was thrilled, but she was happy with it.

And as another side note, I had the unfortunate experience of getting a huge dent in the door of my Jeep on Saturday morning! It was incredibly windy, and the lady who parked beside me at the arena opened her car door and when she let go it smashed into my door...not a great way to start the morning :(

Anyway, back to the hockey weekend - we all met up again on Saturday afternoon, and after a few hours around our house, we decided to go out for dinner. We went to 'The Bull and Boar' restaurant in Belleville, a spot we usually hit when my brother is in town.

Nolan showing off his printing...while we were waiting for our food, he wrote everyone's name, and what they were having for dinner. I can't believe how big he is getting :)
And from there, it was off to another hockey game - this time it was a Belleville Bulls game!

Nolan had the chance to meet one of the mascots...I don't know if this in 'Bullie' or 'Toro'?
Nolan made some friends at this game too, this time it wasn't because he cried, instead it was when he was cheering LOUD when a fight broke out on the ice :) What a kid!

It's a lot easier to change seats at a game at this level, so when we spotted some front row seats that were open down by the visiting teams bench, we decided to check them out during the third period...
Unfortunately this game turned out to be a bit of a waste of time as the Bulls lost 10 to 3 to the Niagara Ice Dogs. Needless to say, it was getting a little boring by the end!

And that pretty much wraps up our hockey weekend! Our out of town guests were on the road by about noon on Sunday, and Curt and I spent the rest of the day resting after our busy, but FUN, weekend!

Big thanks go out to the Robertson's and Waller's for visiting and for allowing us to be a part of their hockey weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment