Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gifts Galore!

The few people that read this blog know me pretty well, so you know that I don't really like celebrating my birthday.  I used to, when I was YOUNGER!  But, as I get older, I prefer the day to go by quietly.

I have to say, I have been pretty spoiled this year, so the fact that I'm getting older doesn't seem as bad :)  Horrible and selfish, I know!

Friday night, when I got home from work, there was a note from Curt waiting for me just inside the front door.  It said there was a birthday gift hidden for me...and that I had to find it...it said 'you don't have to go in the garage, you don't have to open anything, and you don't have to move anything to find it'.  I took a quick look around, but couldn't find anything - I was only home briefly before heading back out again, so I figured I would get another clue from Curt later!  But, he wouldn't give me any more clues!  So, I was still looking for the gift on Saturday.  It took awhile, but I ended up finding a NEW SET OF TAYLOR MADE BURNER IRONS in my golf bag.  Gone were my Callaway Big Berthas, and in their place was these...

 I have always liked the look and feel of these clubs...and, we saw them at Golf Town a few months ago and they were on sale for a really good price!  I was really close to getting them that day, but, it was right around the same time I had decided to order new skates, so I couldn't justify buying another 'big ticket item'.  But, Curt said it was too good of a deal to pass up...so, he went to Kingston one Saturday morning while I was at skating.

Sunday night, Curt's parents came over to give me my gift.  Mid-afternoon, Curt said to me 'you're really going to like their gift'...so, I was pretty excited all afternoon.  I was so surprised when I opened the gift and saw this....
Actually, I only saw the big one at first, then my father-in-law told me to open it, and the little one was inside!

I love this Heys luggage!  I almost bought the little one for myself awhile ago, but when I realized this particular style ('Journey') wasn't included in the sale, there was no way!  One of my favourite parts is that Africa is front and center on the big bag!  We joked and laughed about the fact that I probably won't want to use this when we fly...have you seen the guys load bags onto the plane?!?!  They throw those bags around without a care in the world!!!  And I don't want these beauties to get all banged up :)

And, I can't forget this gift...
I already blogged about my Coach purse...way back in AUGUST!  This is from my parents, and my mom was so proud and excited about this gift she couldn't wait to give it to me!  So, I've been enjoying this birthday present for months already.

So, like I said earlier, I was SPOILED this year!

As for the how I spent my birthday....well, it was on a Monday, so I went to work...then I went to skating...then I came home and relaxed for a bit before going to bed :)  Exciting, right?!?!  That's OK though, like I said, I prefer the day to go by quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment