Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas - Round 1

Our first round of Christmas was with my in-laws over the weekend.  It started Saturday night with a Vreugdenhil 'tradition' - a fondue?  I use quotations and a question mark because not everyone seems to remember doing this in the past :)  Curt and his mom remember having fondues...my brother-in-law Mark, and father-in-law Gord, don't remember having fondues...this was my eighth Christmas with the family, and only the second time I've experienced a fondue with them?  So, whether it's a tradition or not, Curt and I hosted a fondue on Saturday night - it was a quiet and relaxed evening, and a nice start to the weekend festivities.

Sunday after church, it was off to Curt's parents house for the full Christmas celebration.  It wasn't exactly quiet and relaxed (no one expects it to be when the five grandsons are going to be there) but it was a lot of FUN!  It was a day of visiting, eating, playing, opening presents, and eating some more!

Joshua opening a gift with Uncle Mark watching closely from behind...
Noah taking his turn...
 Isaac looking pretty excited...
And of course, Luke was not left out...
Owen wasn't really into opening gifts, he didn't have a nap before coming over, so early on you could tell he was tired....later, he was in that hyper, beyond tired state!

I was trying to keep Owen entertained while his older brothers opened more gifts.  I don't think I can take any credit though, I think the bath toy he was chewing on is what kept him happy and busy :)
Once he was bored with his toy, and me, Curt stepped in to keep him busy - this is what that looked like...
So it was a busy weekend, but a great start to the Christmas festivities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment