Thursday, February 21, 2013

Robertson's Visit - Part 1

Well, things were looking pretty good for my blog back in January...I managed 9 posts in one month, that was a record for me!  And then February rolled around, and things took a turn for the worst...as you've noticed, I'm sure.  So here we are, February 21st and this is my first post of the month.  One reason for that is because things have been really busy, but not exciting busy.  A second reason for that, I just haven't felt like blogging.  It probably doesn't seem like it when you read a post, but it actually takes me awhile to put one of these together...not because I'm trying to think of something profound to write (obviously!), just because it takes me awhile to make things flow in a way that I like. 

Anyway, I'm here now because I have something worth posting about...the Robertson's came to visit last weekend!  Monday was Family Day (in Ontario), so we took advantage of a long weekend and actually spent Family Day with our family!

I have been excited for this visit for weeks, as I always am...but this time, I was extra excited to do something special with my niece Abby.  Here is a little clue...
I took Abby skating for the first time!  My mom and brother have both told me about Abby watching skating on TV, and saying that the person on TV is 'Abby'....or, sliding her feet on the hardwood or tile floor at home, saying 'my skating'.  So, I knew it was time to get her on the ice.  I borrowed a pair of tiny little Jackson figure skates from someone, and I couldn't wait to get them on her.  So, Friday night, as we were hanging out and visiting, I asked Abby if she wanted to try them on, and she was SUPER excited! 

HORRIBLE picture of me mid-sentence, but look at her with her arms up perfectly...such a proud Aunt I was at that moment!
Another BAD picture of me, but look - her arm is still up, and I think it's fun that we're both pointing at her little skates...I'm not sure who was more excited?!?!
You can tell I love this little girl, and LOVE that she is showing a little interest in skating, because here is another TERRIBLE picture of me....but, look at Abby doing a little spiral!  If that was my skater, I would be telling them to get their leg higher...but it's Abby, so I'll leave it alone. :)
After we took a little walk up and down the hallway to 'practice', I asked if she wanted to take her skates off and she said 'NO'...again, a proud moment for this Aunt!  ha!  So, we walked some more until she was ready to take them off.  And, she's two and a half, so she had to do that by herself.
All of that and she hasn't even stepped foot on the ice yet!  Guess I better break this post up a little bit...maybe that's a good thing though, means my history won't show only one post in February!  More weekend posts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment