Thursday, May 30, 2013

Aruba - Barefoot Restaurant

Yes, I am about to do a whole post about one restaurant...once you see pictures, you'll understand why.

This was our table!  I am pretty sure we will never eat at a restaurant with a better view than this!
This was the view I had over Curt's shoulder...
Curt made the reservations for us, and he's so smart he made sure that we were there in time to see the sunset!
A little story about making the reservations - rather than calling the restaurant, Curt sent an email to make the reservations; when we arrived, the owner met us and showed us to our table and she commented that when she got the email from 'Curtis Vreugdenhil' she thought about responding in Dutch!  When she heard us talk, she realized she made the right choice by responding in English.

Back when we first made our reservations for Aruba, I told Curt that I was going to have seafood while I was there.  Not sure why I decided that, or why I told Curt - but by telling him it meant that there no getting out of it.  So, here we were on our last night and I hadn't followed through.  When I got the menu, I focused on the 'Fish Mains' section and narrowed it down to Grouper or Mahi Mahi (the only reason I was focusing on those two was because I had seen them on practically every menu during the week, and somehow felt like going with something that popular was 'safe').

My face in this picture sums up how I felt about my 'Grouper Romano' when it arrived...that's an excited/nervous face, in case you can't tell!
The meal was really good...the fish wasn't too 'fishy', and if each bite had pasta as well, it hardly tasted like fish at all :)

Curt is usually the one to try new foods, however, he went with the steak.  Point for me in this case!

Going to this restaurant was so much more than just going for dinner...it was really a whole experience.  The staff were all amazing - from the owner who showed us to our table, to the multiple waiters/waitresses that served us throughout the night, they were all so friendly.  The servers were also great photographers - every time they saw us taking pictures, they offered to take one for us so we could both be in it (a definite plus for this photo crazy girl!).  If anyone reading this happens to find themselves in Aruba one day, you HAVE TO GO to Barefoot!  

Oh, and you should have the Apple Strudel a la Mode for dessert - it was AMAZING!  No pictures because we ate it too fast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment