Monday, May 13, 2013

Birthday Weekend

This past weekend, we went to Acton to celebrate Abby's THIRD birthday!  And, as always, it was a great time with family.

Saturday morning the girls went off to Abby's dance class.

I LOVE this moment I captured between my brother and his daughter :)  Abby hadn't had breakfast, but it was time to go, so she took a waffle for the ride.  As we rushed out the door, Tom came out to say good-bye and I got him right as he leaned in for a kiss.  The love on Abby's face here is amazing, these two obviously have a special daddy-daughter bond.  This picture makes me feel so proud of my brother.  (Tom, sorry if reading this made you cry).
Pure excitement upon arrival!  Abby absolutely LOVES her dance class - as a coach, it's always so great to see kids that really enjoy the activity they are taking part in, so, her excitement made me smile!
  
The parents participate with their child, so Krystle and Abby 'danced', and I took pictures!

Mommy and daughter, hard at work!
 At one point, the kids were supposed to 'hop' along like frogs.  Abby wasn't a big fan of that move...she would do one hop, walk ten steps, do a second hop, walk ten more steps and be at the other side of the room...it was funny!  She also didn't like the part where she was supposed to 'walk' like a bear (hands and feet on the ground, bum in the air)...she didn't even try that one, and Krystle told me after that when she asked Abby 'where is your bear', Abby replied 'he's all gone'!  ha! 

My beautiful niece (look at those eyes!) watching a movie on the drive home from dance class.

Later Saturday morning, Curt and I both went with the boys to watch Nolan at his sports camp.  We weren't allowed right into the gym, so I could only watch through the small windows in the gym doors.  It was probably safer for everyone this way actually - the kids were learning to use tennis rackets, so there were balls flying everywhere! 

Since I couldn't take pictures during sports camp, here is one taken just before lunch, when the kids were out playing in the backyard for a bit.  Nolan is ALL.ABOUT.HOCKEY!

Although Curt's birthday isn't until the end of the month, he was lucky enough to receive a few presents early!  My Aunt Mary gave him a rain suit, something he asked for to use on an upcoming motorcycle trip he is taking.  People will definitely see him coming, not only will he wear this BRIGHT coat, there are also matching pants!

I have so many pictures from the actual birthday party, I think I'll have to do a separate post to share those.

No comments:

Post a Comment