Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our 'New' Office

So, I haven't worked at my retail job since before Christmas :( It sucks, I thought I had a good job all lined up to keep me busy over the winter, and then this happened. The store is just not busy, so they have minimal staff in during the day (two full-time girls) and since I am only available during the day, and I'm a rookie, I haven't been getting hours.

Anyway, I decided to take advantage of all the time on my hands and do a few projects around the house that I have been thinking about for awhile now. The first project was to paint our office. Some people were surprised I would already be re-painting a room in this house since we've only lived here for two years, but, the colour was a mistake from the beginning! The colour on the little swatch was not at all what I expected when I saw it on the wall, so I've always wanted to change it.

Here is the before:



I didn't have a chance to take a picture before everything was cleared out of the way to paint, but this shows the OLD colour.

And, here is the after:



and



The first picture shows my favourite thing in that room, our HUGE world map (it's from IKEA). The second picture shows a big blank wall :) I have plans for that wall, but haven't gotten to it yet, so I'll do another post when I get it finished.

I'm really liking the new colour! And it was a great, and cheap, project that I could easily do on my own.

The second project is a little more labour intensive...and it's not done, so that's all I'm saying for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment