Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Open for Business...Finally!

Today was the day...OPENING DAY at Bay of Quinte Golf & Country Club!

(the new logo)

I've been back at work since early March, and it's been busy, but not the kind of busy I like. The golf course is under new ownership, so it's all new staff and management...so, the last few weeks have been all about getting organized. We had a few days of staff training; re-established the computer program we use; received, priced and displayed our clothing, equipment, etc.; discussed and organized our day-to-day routines; and lots of other detail things.

But today, we finally got to see members...and lots of them! It was great seeing all the familiar faces again, and I enjoyed having all the people around again! We had well over 100 people play golf today, so the time I was at work went so much faster then it has over the last few weeks :)

The first two hours this morning were totally chaotic - we discovered that in all the time spent getting ready for the season, we had overlooked a few key computer things. I'm supposed to be the 'expert' because I'm the only returning staff member, so I was all prepared to train the others this morning, but when things didn't go as planned, it was more than a little stressful. But, an emergency call to the customer service department of our software provider seems to have solved all of that. And, I can now say, aside from some computer issues this morning, it was a great day.

The weather was great for opening day - there was a brief frost delay this morning, as it still gets quite cool over night, but it was about 16 degrees by the time I left.

(the 'old' third fairway, this picture is from last summer, our trees don't look like that yet!)

So, if today is any indication about the rest of the season, I think it will be a pretty good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment