Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tweed Year-End Banquet

Last week I attended the Tweed & District Figure Skating Club's Year-End Banquet (which is a pretty big name for a pretty minor event). It's just a chance for skaters and parents, and a few extended family members, to get together to recognize the achievements of our skaters. We had a casual dinner and then various awards were handed out.

Seven of my skaters won awards this year:

Alyssa for Pre. Jr. Achievement, Leah for Pre. Preliminary Achievement, Britteny for Sr. Achievement, Jillian for Sr. Proficiency, Shea for Spirit of Skating, Emma for Program Assistant, and Kate, an Award of Merit.

I gave my camera to two of my skaters, and ended up with some pretty interesting pictures! There were a number of random close-ups, that have been deleted, and some really poor shots of the awards being given out, that should be deleted. I've got one that I can post though:



This is a blog debut for these two girls :) These were also my photographers for the night, so this is one of many self-takes! I have coached these two, Shea and Emma, since my first year in Tweed! They didn't compete at all this year, so they didn't make any of my previous skating related posts. They're both in high school, and told me at the banquet that they won't be coming back next year :( As skaters, anyway, they may come back as Program Assistants, helping teach our little ones.

I purchased a copy of the carnival on DVD, and received it at the banquet. I was excited to try to post part of it on here, but, the DVD doesn't work...at all!?!? I'm waiting to hear back from the person who sold them, hopefully I just got a faulty copy, and I can get a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment