Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I love shopping...in Watertown!

Curt and I went to Watertown to do some shopping on Sunday. I LOVE doing this, and I'm always so glad when Curt is up for it. I suggest it all the time, even when there is no need to go, so usually Curt just ignores me :) But, when I suggested it this time, and actually had a few items that I 'needed', Curt seemed excited too. And, by the time we left, he had a pretty good list of stuff he wanted to look for for himself.



Kohl's was our first stop, and I usually have great luck at this store. One of the main things I was looking for on this trip was a dress to wear to a wedding in two weeks, and although I tried a few on at Kohl's, I didn't find one that I really liked. I actually left empty handed, but Curt found a few fun things.



Our next stop, and right next door to Kohl's, was Target. This is always the best spot to get books, and this time was no exception! I picked up three books this time, and I'm sure I saved at least four or five dollars on each book. With all of our trips to the States, I hardly ever buy books in Canada anymore. I bought two cute tops, too!



Then it was on to TJ Maxx, a store that we didn't discover until one of our last trips to Watertown. We've been to them in Florida and Myrtle Beach, but didn't realize there was one in Watertown. It's a smaller store, but Curt and I both found something here. And, we came back to this store at the end of the day to pick up a wedding gift for the wedding in two weeks. They have a great kitchen section!



Next was lunch, and we went to the BEST restaurant - Ruby Tuesday! Mmmmm, unlimited salad bar and Ruby Minis, enough said! We were soooo full!

The mall in Watertown isn't the greatest, and if we go for a weekend, we prefer to go to Syracuse which has a much better mall. But, for day trips, Salmon Run Mall is good enough. Salmon Run does have two really good stores, Burlington Coat Factory and JC Penney.



Burlington Coat Factory is usually a good spot for both Curt and I, but we both left empty handed this time. I usually can't resist the purse section here, especially the Nine West purses that retail for $20 to $30! But, I was good this time, and admitted that I didn't need one!



JC Penney ended up being the best stop of the day, for me! I ended up finding two dresses that I love...so now I have a dress for the wedding on May 8th, and for the wedding we're going to in July...in California!



This is the one for May (picture from the JC Penney website). I can't find a picture of the other one, so I'll save that one for later.






We arrived back home exactly 12 hours after leaving! It's about 1.5 hours driving each way, plus about an hour for lunch, but other then that, the rest of the time we were shopping! I could never spend that much time shopping in Canada! And Curt, all I can say is that he is a real team player, and I love him for it! :)

1 comment: