Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quiet Week

Well, last week marked the end of the skating season! Although Tweed wrapped up at the end of March, and Quinte Carnival was a few weeks ago, practice for my Quinte STARSkaters didn't finish until Friday night.

I said good-bye to one of my first private skaters, Elise, who will not be coming back to skating next year. She's been a great student, and always kept me on my toes. She was always very inquisitive about things, asking lots of questions about every new thing I taught her...which I find is very common when teaching adults, but usually not with kids. Elise is in grade nine, and has developed a lot of new interests over the last few years, so she has decided to focus on some of those (cheerleading, soccer, volleyball)...and, her mom tells me, she has quite a social life now, so skating on a Friday night was interfering with that!

And, I have to admit, I'm already missing skating! I've usually been ready for the summer break, and I felt like that a few weeks ago, but now that it's here, it seems like the break is going to be too long! I may have enough kids interested in summer skating to do that this year, so that means I will back on the ice in August. If that doesn't work out, I won't be on the ice until September. Either way, I hope it comes fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment