Friday, October 8, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Back in September, I posted about taking Nolan, my nephew, skating for the first time. You can read about it here...(I've tried to post a link here, so you could click on it and go right to my post from September 15th, but I can't get it to work?)

Anyway...

At the end of that post, I mentioned that I didn't have any pictures, so I had to wait for my brother to send them to me. Well, that never happened! But, Krystle posted a few on Facebook today, so I'm going to 'borrow' them from there.


Nolan and I when we first stepped on the ice. I love that you can see his big smile in the picture! My back was a little sore by the time we finished; I spent the majority of our time on the ice bent over like this, holding Nolan up.


Returning to the dressing room after our skate. We let Nolan walk down the hall by himself, first so that he could get the feeling of walking in his skates (which is all we want kids to do at first, walk on the ice), and second, because he was really wobbly and it made us laugh (he looked drunk!).


This one is a little blurry, but I had to post it anyway. This isn't from our skate together, either, this is from his lessons in Acton. Krystle's caption below this picture is the best part: On his bum at skating again! Snow Angels are his favourite thing to do at skating!!

Nolan is on the younger side for starting to skate - usually kids are at least three years old when they start, and Nolan won't be three until November. So, it may take him a little longer then the older kids, but he'll get it, and it will benefit him in the long run! In the mean time, as long as he's smiling when he's out there, he's doing well!

And, just because I can't forget about Abby, here is a picture of her that I 'borrowed' from Facebook.


I thought her little smile was funny in this picture, a little crooked. Maybe she's been sampling the wine - notice that the Jolly Jumper is conveniently located next to the wine rack!

I can't wait to see these cuties this weekend! And I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about my moms turkey dinner, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment