Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Because

I don't really have anything to blog about, but it's been awhile so I feel like I should do something. So, this is going to be a random little update about what's been going on for the last week.

I have been working A LOT! Most days, I spend mornings at the golf course, have an hour or two at home in the afternoon, and then head to the arena for a few hours of coaching in the evenings. I've had a few shifts on the beverage cart at work, and it's been a nice relaxing change of pace. My first cart shift was during a high school tournament, so the tips weren't great, but it was a nice day, so it was just good to be outside. Things are finally starting to slow down at the course though, and I couldn't be happier about that. This week I was only scheduled for two shifts, which is fine by me!

Skating is...fine. I have solo music cut for all but two of my skaters, so that's a major relief. I've started choreographing a few solos, and hope to get all of them finished in the next two weeks. I'm planning on taking kids to a competition in early December, so we don't have any time to waste!

Oh, and I just thought of something kind of exciting...Curt and I have joined a curling league! Go ahead, laugh, I'm laughing as I type that :) We had a few friends all lined up, and we were going to register as a team, but clubs don't let you do that. They don't want a full team of rookies, so they split you up into pairs...so, we lost the other two (Kevin and Maria). But, Curt and I decided to go ahead and join. We ventured out in the cold and rainy weather tonight to pay our fees, and then the league starts in two weeks. Should be a fun night out once a week.

This coming weekend is Thanksgiving, and I am really excited about going to Acton to visit! We're only able to make it home for Sunday and Monday, but this time last week I didn't think we were going to be able to go at all, so two days is obviously better then none!

I have to coach and work on Saturday and Curt has his own big event this weekend, it's Piker Open! Piker is a golf tournament he plays in with some of his closest friends...it sounds low key, but this is like the PGA for them. They'll play two 18 hole rounds on Friday, and one 18 hole round on Saturday. On Friday they're trying out a Ryder Cup format for the first time, and I'm pretty sure Curt's team is the better team, so they should win. And then on Saturday, they'll play standard stroke play. Curt won the Piker trophy two years ago, so we'll see if he can win it back this year. Check out www.pikeropen.com if you're curious about the tournament :)

Hopefully I'll have a more exciting post after Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment