Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Special Gift

On Monday, two Bay of Quinte members returned from Florida, where they spent the winter. Mr. and Mrs. Austin are among my favorite members, so it was great to see them again. The Austin's actually spoil me quite a bit - from bringing me hot chocolate on cool mornings to giving me cookies at Christmas! But, this week they gave me a very special gift!



Mr. and Mrs. Austin were at one of the practice rounds at the Masters, and they brought this pin back for me! It's very flattering to know that they think enough of me to include me when purchasing gifts for friends and family.

The gift came at the perfect time too, I was having a really bad day when Mr. Austin arrived at the shop, and I've been thinking about looking for a new job. But, this reminded me about why I go back, year after year. Not because of the presents, but because of the connections I've made with so many members. I wouldn't be able to say that if I worked at a public golf course!

No comments:

Post a Comment