Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Branson - Fore!

I played two rounds of golf on this trip, Curt and my dad played a third round, but I decided two was enough for me, and went shopping with my mom during their third round.

Our first round of golf was at Payne Stewart Golf Club, a course we had planned on playing during our first trip, but didn't get around to.

It was a beautiful course, wow! It's built as a tribute to PGA golfer Payne Stewart, obviously, who was born in Missouri. Each hole had a plaque with a story of Stewart's life and golfing experiences throughout his career. I know a little bit about him as a player, but, he died before I really took an interest in the sport, so it was really interesting to read about him on each hole.

One of the plaques on the course - I thought this was a cute story...
One of the things Payne was best known for was his sense of style, he always wore ivy caps and patterned pants, which were a cross between plus fours and knickerbockers.

All of the tee markers were little ivy caps, a nice tribute...
Dad, waiting for me to tee off.

One of the spectacular views.
Unfortunately when I see this picture, I remember the horrible tee shot I made...it went way off to the right, gone! My whole game was horrible really, I was really disappointed.

The second course we played was called Ledgestone Golf Club, and it was another beautiful course. Out of the four courses I've played in Branson now, this would be my favourite.

Taking my tee shot on the third hole, a par three called 'The Wall'.

Dad and I checking out the view on the fifteenth hole, a beautiful par 3, appropriately called 'The Quarry'. I like this picture, I like that my dad and I happened to be doing the same thing when Curt took the picture from behind.

This is the fifteenth hole again - this is me after my dad's tee shot, I was kinda freaking out because I was sure that he got a hole in one! He didn't, which was too bad, but considering he had to take a second tee shot after losing his first ball, it wouldn't have been a 'real' hole in one, so I don't think he was too upset.

Thankfully, I played much better at Ledgestone, which makes the whole experience so much better!

Like I said, Curt and my dad played a third round - they played at Murder Rock, a course that Curt and I played on our first trip, so it was easy for me to opt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment