Friday, September 30, 2011

Update

I haven't posted in awhile, but there really hasn't been much to write about. Things have been a little boring over the last few weeks, we've just been busy working and settling into our fall/winter schedule. Curt and I are both looking at busy schedules for the next few months!

Skating has started, so, I'm back on this ice! I was almost dreading getting back on the ice this year, but once I was out there with the kids, I remembered how much I love it, and I'm excited for the season. I posted a few weeks ago about resigning from Quinte Figure Skating Club - however, there were some changes in scheduling there and I was asked to come back to help with CanSkate. So, I will be coaching two hours of CanSkate on Monday nights! It's a perfect compromise really, and I'm glad that I will be able to continue working with Quinte.

We've had a few sessions in Tweed, but tomorrow is our first FULL session, so we'll get to meet our Learn to Skaters and CanSkaters. It's sure to be a very CHAOTIC morning!

We're all signed up for another year of curling - and there has been a change there too. Last year we curled in Stirling, and although we really enjoyed Stirling, we decided to curl in Quinte this year. Curt was asked to be in a Mens League with his cousin, Tim, and the team plays in Quinte, so he was going to join there for one league and then in Stirling for one league. But, it made more sense to just go to Quinte for their mixed league as well. The two people we played with in Stirling weren't going to be playing in the mixed league this year, so we have been trying to put together a new team. We are very excited that our good friend Maria will be joining us, and our fourth is a random guy from Quinte who happened to be looking for a team :) Let's hope that works out. We went to an Open House at the curling club this past week and had a chance to meet some members; everyone was really friendly, so hopefully things go as well this season as they did in Stirling!

The weather forecast isn't great for this weekend - cold and rainy - I don't think we'll be able to ignore the fact that fall is here! I'm ready for the change though, it's a lot easier to go into a rink for a few hours when it's cool and dreary outside! So, with all the curling and skating we have planned, Curt and I say bring on the cool weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment