Monday, July 2, 2012

Canada Day Weekend

Well, we're wrapping up another long weekend - Canada Day weekend!

We didn't really do anything special this weekend, nothing in honour of Canada anyway...we're not very patriotic around here I guess.  I think there were fireworks in town, but we had our neighbourhood fireworks back in May, so we didn't feel the need to go this weekend.

Saturday morning, we went to a few garage sales, but it didn't last long because the ones we stopped at were horrible!  We stopped at a few and people really only had a few items out, and it was JUNK!  And, while we're on the subject of garage sales...we had a garage sale last weekend (part 2, because the first time we tried, it was rained out).  So, just as we pulled the last table out of the garage at 8am, it started to pour...I was sooo mad, and knew then that I would never have another garage sale!  We covered our tables with plastic (again), and waited out the rain...luckily, it only lasted about 20 minutes.  After that, it was a beautiful morning...and, although it was a little slow, we had a pretty good turn out.  The most popular seller was, again, the duct tape!  But, we managed to get rid of some of our more random stuff this time too.  I think we probably ended up making about $100 after the two sales, so that's not too bad.   A lot of work for $100 bucks though :)

So, back to the garage sales on Saturday morning, after a few disappointing stops, we redirected and went to Home Depot - one of the things on our 'to do list' this weekend was to do some painting, so we went to get our supplies.  We spent the rest of the day turning one of the bedrooms in the basement into an office for Curt and Three Hills Engineering.

I'm going to do a whole post on the process, but here is a little sneak peak...

Early on in the process...

We had talked about doing a few different things on Sunday - golfing or going to the beach - but, we were mid-way through the painting, so we ended up staying home to get it done.

It was a beautiful day though, and I felt bad about spending so much of the weekend inside, so I went out to do some weeding.  And, I am pleased to give you an update on the veggie garden...all of the plants are doing well, and, there is a beefsteak tomato (very green) and two pea pods right now!

And, today, we were able to get out and really enjoy the weather - we went golfing!  I had set a goal for myself, I wanted to break 50 on at least one of the nines...I shot 50 on the front and 50 on the back!  Ugh, kinda frustrating, but at least I'm consistent?!?

Anyway, that's just a quick little recap of our weekend.  And, like I said, more to come on the work we did in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment