Monday, July 22, 2013

Robertson Visit - Part 1

So, we pretty much went from a weekend of fun with the Wielemaker's to a weekend of fun with the Robertson's.  My brother and his family - Tom, Krystle, Nolan and Abby arrived at our house late Wednesday afternoon - so they were here waiting when I got home!

A few weeks ago, I came across a good sale at Old Navy and I couldn't resist bathing suits for Nolan and Abby.  I left them sitting out in the guest room, and when I got home from work, they were wearing them.  After being greeted with hugs and kisses from the kids, Nolan told me that I'm 'the best Aunt in the whole world cause you bought me this bathing suit!'.  Awwww, I love that kid!

I made the kids 'model' their bathing suits for me:

Nolan
(Notice the wristbands? They have the Chicago Blackhawks logo on them - I bought them at the dollar store a few years ago - and Nolan wears them EVERY TIME he comes to visit!)

Abby 
We didn't do much Wednesday evening, just had fun hanging out with each other.  Curt and I both had to work on Thursday, so the Robertson's were on their own.  I know their morning included a trip to the Frankford splash pad; and then while the girls stayed home for a nap, Tom and Nolan went to Trenton to see the Stanley Cup!  They are Chicago Blackhawks fans, and one of the Blackhawks players, Andrew Shaw, is from Belleville...so, when it was announced that he was bringing the Cup to Trenton and Belleville for people to see, I knew we'd be getting some company!

So, they had a fun day...and once we got work out of the way, Curt and I got in on the fun too - Thursday evening we went to our neighbours place for a swim!  (so the kids got to put their swimsuits to use)

It didn't take long for Nolan to ask to try the slide!
Abby wanted to try too, but she only went down a few times...probably because this is how she ended up going into the water...
Click on this picture and make sure you look at Nolan's facial expression (he's barely in the picture, over on the left side)...I didn't notice it at first, but when I did, I laughed out loud!

Nolan got pretty brave, and even went down this way...
It looked so FUN, even Auntie Boo got in on the action and went down the slide :)  No pictures of that though (there is video, but I've never been able to figure out how to add videos to blog posts...which I'm very thankful for right now).

And, before we finished our swim, a group shot...

We ended up spending a lot of time in, or on, water over the weekend...but we were only in the pool this one evening...more on that in the next post...



No comments:

Post a Comment