Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wielemaker Camping - Part 2

One thing that I will admit I really enjoy about camping is how laid back it can be...even though we're camping with the extended family, each couple or family can do their own thing too - there were times I enjoyed hanging out with Dave and Sarah and the boys or various cousins, and then there were times where I could just hang out by myself and read.

This years 'contest' was bocce ball - if you wanted to compete for the trophy, you had to play ten games and report your points to the organizer.  It was REALLY hot, so after a few games I didn't really want to be in the sun anymore, so I didn't play a full ten games...but that was fine!

The kids had some games of their own, which is always fun.

Luke did awesome in the race where the kids had to carry an egg on a spoon...in their mouth!
The kids games wouldn't have been complete without a balloon toss!  When the girls organizing it announced it was going to start, they told all the kids to find their grandparents...but, that doesn't work for my nephews...there are five of them and only two grandparents...so, Aunt Mary Beth got to fill in! :)  Noah was thrilled each and every time a water balloon broke near me and I got soaked!
There was also some board games going on throughout the day.  Here, Curt, Aunt Eleanor, Josh, Anthony and Ben are deeply involved in a game of 'Ticket to Ride' while Malachi and Noah watch.

As I mentioned earlier, it was a VERY HOT weekend!  So, a lot of time was spent in the water...for the most part, the kids were in the water and the adults were on the beach watching, but by Sunday, even the adults were IN the water...including ME?!?

A few random pictures from the waters edge...

Owen...
Noah...
And Luke, trying to turn a boogie board into a surf board...

So, as you can probably tell from the pictures, it was a great weekend!  The weather was perfect and it was great spending time with family.  I've come a long way when it comes to camping and would go as far to say that I actually enjoy it now.  But, there's nothing like the hot shower when you get home!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment