Sunday, May 16, 2010

A BBQ on a Beautiful Day

This afternoon, Curt and I hosted a BBQ at our house. We invited people to come over after church - they brought their own meat for the BBQ, and we provided the rest. Despite being a little stressed about the preparations, I think everything turned out well. I started preparing what I could last night, and skipped church this morning to finish the rest. I made broccoli salad, macaroni salad and potato salad. I also had a veggie tray and made a new veggie dip. And, of course, I made a drumstick cheesecake for dessert...I always make this for dessert, and it is always a big hit. There were nine adults and eight kids in total; and thankfully, it was a warm and sunny day, so we spent most of our time outside. If I learned one thing today, it was that my house is NOT child proof! My little nephew Luke, was only inside briefly, but he taught me that lesson quickly.


Ava, convinced that she had rubbed in all the sunscreen :)


Kevin and Stella


Susannah and Maria, playing 'Ladder Ball'

Now that the day is behind me, and it seems to have gone OK, I feel like we should do this more often! That's a big statement considering yesterday morning I pretty much told Curt I was never doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment